At present I am suffering from from what I like to call MAD syndrome - Multiple Approaching Deadlines. At present I have so many WIPs it is just ridiculous. My lounge room is drowning in yarn from them all, to the point that I asked the witchlet if she thought it was odd that we had so much yarn in the lounge room (as opposed to it hiding in the other rooms in the house). "No," she said, completely unphased. "It's just us." (Note to self - turning child to yarny dark side: done.)
At present on the needles I have:
1. A pair of socks for me in Tofutsie yarn. The first sock is done and the second is currently abandoned on the couch. Tofutsie was the first proper sock yarn I bought, and, while it is gorgeous, it's incredibly tiny! I swear this pair of socks is taking me twice as long as usual.
2. Another pair of socks as a demo for the upcoming sock classes I'll be leading. I think I've done the ribbing on the first one.
3. Sock pair number 3, cast on yesterday for my brother-in-law for his birthday, which was last week. What can I say but whoops!
4. A kid's dress which I'm making for the school fete. One of the tubs of yarn in the lounge room is for the school, but I really don't think I'm going to get to it again until next month. I'm worried if I move it from my line of sight I'll forget about it.
5. Last but not least, a crocheted blanket for a friend's birthday, which is at the end of this month. And when I've finished that blanket, I'll probably start on one for another friend whose birthday is at the end of October. And then I've got blankets I want to make for my cousins kids for Christmas, which I need to get done before summer is here and working on blankets becomes extraordinarily unpleasant.
It's times like this I really wish I had a clone.